I have next door neighbors that are so good to us and help us out all the time and I found out they love Snickdoodles Cookies and the husband loves Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. Having never made either I started searching online for recipes for these 2 cookies. I found both online and baked them today. They turned out pretty good I think. Hopefully they will like them too.
Snickerdoodles I liked best so here’s the recipe for them.
Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Servings: 24
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs thoroughly in a large bowl.
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture.
- Chill dough, and chill an ungreased cookie sheet for about 10-15 minutes in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, mix 3 tablespoons sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Scoop 1 inch globs of dough into the sugar/ cinnamon mixture.
- Coat by gently rolling balls of dough in the sugar mixture.
- Place on chilled ungreased cookie sheet, and bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan immediately