It was great to be with my kids and grandkids today! We had lots of food and lots of presents and great fellowship!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cake
- 1 box King Arthur Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Mix*
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (I didn’t use nuts)
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, soften
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a full size (12-cup) Bundt or tube pan.
- To make the cake: Place the cake mix in a bowl. Beat in the oil, vanilla, and 1 egg.
- Add the remaining eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the water 1/3 at a time, beating until smooth and scraping the bowl after each addition.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Bake the cake for 50 to 55 minutes, until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out with perhaps crumbs clinging to it, but no wet batter.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and after 15 minutes turn it out onto a rack.
- To make the glaze: beat cream cheese until creamy, add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Add milk and beat, add lemon juice and vanilla. Can add more milk if you want it thinner.
- Transfer the cake to a serving plate; if it’s still a bit warm, that’s OK.
- Spoon the glaze over the cake, covering it as thoroughly as possible. Reheat the glaze briefly if it becomes too thick to pour.
- Yield: 1 large cake, about 16 servings.